The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Facilitation Kit
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ combines the power of Everything DiSC® with the influential teamwork model introduced by Patrick Lencioni in his best-selling book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team. The program can help team members learn to work together better to become more effective and engaged. It is appropriate for use with intact teams at all levels of the organization.
The The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ program consists of twp components. - online technology and the contents of the Facilitation Kit. The online technology includes
-The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Profile (pre-work assessment)
-The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Annotated Team Report (facilitator reference tool)
The Facilitation Kit contains everything you need to successfully facilitate The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ sessions, including a USB drive with facilitation
and support materials and a set of takeaway cards for participant learning reinforcement.
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team facilitation consists of seven modules from 1 hour to 3-1/2 hours in length, plus a Getting Started section. Each module can be found in the Facilitation Materials folder on the USB drive and includes:
- Facilitator's Guide in MS Word
- Participant handouts in MS Word
- PowerPoint® with embedded video
- Module 1: Introduction – Introduces the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Model
- Module 2: Building Trust – Teaches the concept of vulnerability-based Trust
- Module 3: Mastering Conflict – Helps participants understand the benefits of healthy conflict
- Module 4: Achieving Commitment – Shows how clarity and buy-in are key to achieving commitment
- Module 5: Embracing Accountability – Stresses the importance of peer-to-peer accountability
- Module 6: Focusing on Results – Emphasizes that collective results are more important than individual goals
- Module 7: Review and Action Plan – Allows participants to review what they’ve learned and create an action plan to improve the team’s effectiveness
In the facilitation process, each module builds on the previous one, helping participants see how each behavior serves as a foundation for the next. Exercises within each of the modules give participants an opportunity to begin practicing the behaviors.
Further, DiSC® styles are used as a point of reference in each of the five behavior modules, allowing participants to see how their own and their teammates’ styles affect their work as a team.
The Facilitator’s Guide, PowerPoint® presentations, and participant handouts can be used as is or customized for your needs.
Support Materials: The Five Behaviors Support Materials folder (included on the USB) includes access to:
- Getting Started (help for preparing to facilitate the program)
- Help for customizing your program
- Facilitator Reference Video
Annotated Team Report: This tool is used by the facilitator when preparing for a team session. The report is a copy of the team profile with the following notations:
- Expanded explanation of profile content
- Resources for additional information
- Indicators of personalized/tailored content
In addition, an appendix includes a ranking of all assessment items by team average and the team’s percentile for each of The Five Behaviors.
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Team Assessment
Assigned Participants Pre-Work
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team assessment includes two types
- those designed to determine DiSC® style
- those designed to evaluate how frequently the team engages in the five behaviors
The responses are integrated into a single report that reflects both the individual’s style preferences and the team’s evaluation of its performance on The Five Behaviors. Each person receives an individual profile report.
- 36-page highly personalized assessment results for individual and team
- Strong visuals illustrate key messages
- Context-specific feedback
- Tips and strategies for improving teamwork effectiveness
- Opportunity for building an action plan
The team assessments are not included in the Facilitation Kit and need to be purchase separately.
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Facilitation Kit is everything that may be needed for a trained facilitator or coach to facilitate the The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ program.
Individual team member Five Behaviors profile assessments are not included in the Facilitation Kit and are required to be purchased separately for each member of the team participating in the The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ program.
Special combined package reduced pricing is offered when the
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Infinity Facilitation Platform is purchased.
Easily Customizable: The Facilitator’s Guide, PowerPoint, and participant handouts can be used as is or customized for your needs. Create an end-to-end teamwork development program or concentrate on specific areas. Switch out video clips and modify the Facilitator’s Guide, PowerPoint® slides, and handouts. Add or delete sections to fit any time frame. The facilitation materials include:
- Facilitator’s Guide for 7 modules in MS WORD
- Participant handouts with activities in MS WORD
- PowerPoint for each module with embedded video
- One set of 100 Takeaway Cards (5 cards each for 20 participants)
- Online support materials, including a Getting Started Guide, podcasts, facilitator video clips, Posters, Templates, and more.
Podcasts: Hear first-hand how to interpret The Five Behaviors profile reports so you can easily and thoroughly answer participant questions. Contains insightful information that you can’t find anywhere else. The podcast is broken up into short clips that cover The Five Behaviors model, the team profile, and the Annotated Team Report.
Engaging Classroom Facilitation Video: 19 video segments embedded in the PowerPoint (with or without English subtitles)
- Behavior Definitions Featuring Patrick Lencioni - In his engaging personal style, Patrick describes The Five Behaviors and why they matter for cohesive teams, illustrates the conflict continuum, and explains how to conduct the Personal Histories exercise and why it’s valuable. View video of Patrick Lencioni on Trust—the first behavior (1:16)
- Introduction to The Five Behaviors Model - Introduces the Five Behaviors model and describes how the behaviors might manifest on a team. View Introduction to the Five Behaviors Model video (3:53)
- Introduction to the DiSC® Model - Introduces the DiSC model and describes the four DiSC styles. View Introduction to DiSC Model video (3:41)
- Wrong-Way/Right-Way Videos - 10 segments of contemporary teamwork examples... one right way and one wrong way example for each of The Five Behaviors, to spark learning and generate powerful conversations that serve as a basis for further action. View samples: wrong-way (1:32 minutes) | right-way (0:59)
Pick and choose clips that fit your needs. Use video clips as stand-alone, integrated with the standard presentation, or worked into custom presentations.
Additional Videos: Nearly 50 Minutes of Additional Video for the Facilitator’s Reference. Additional videos are provided in the Kit to support the process. These clips provide additional information for the facilitator, including tips for facilitation, more explanation and stories for each of the Five Behaviors, and specific guidance for working with team leaders.
- Personal Histories Activity - Patrick Lencioni describes how to conduct the Personal Histories exercise and explains why it’s valuable. (1 segment, 1:30)
- Conflict Continuum - Patrick Lencioni describes the continuum from no conflict to very destructive conflict. (1 segment, 1:45)
- Facilitator Reference Video - These clips provide additional information for the facilitator, including tips for facilitation, more explanations and stories for each of the five behaviors, and specific guidance for working with team leaders.
A Participant Orientation Video
This optional video serves as a preamble to taking the assessment, briefly describing the assessment and providing pointers for the participants about taking the assessment.
Note: This facilitated program uses The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Profile Assessment, which is completed online by each participant as pre-work (sold separately).